According to a survey by RJMetrics, core Twitter users are very committed users, but interestingly, more than 80% of Twitter accounts are inactive.
So the chances are that you have quite a few inactive Twitter accounts in your Twitter following.
My view: they ain’t doing you any good. Might as well get rid of them!
Here’s how you easily identify and unfollow inactive Twitter accounts:
- Go to http://untweeps.com/
- Login with your Twitter account
- I recommend you list people than haven’t tweeted in: 60 days
- Click ‘List stale tweeps’, and wait…
- You now get all the accounts including their avatar, name, Twitter name and last tweet
- You need to manually check every user (Twitter doesn’t allow bulk unfollow)
- Click ‘Unfollow selected tweeps’, and wait…
- Untweeps tells you that you have unfollowed these accounts successfully!