Great primer for the new rules of marketing and PR…
In nearly all the organisations I visit, I hear people actively debating a more effective use of online communication as a means to reach business objectives.
One of the biggest challenges here is to convert the collective ‘mass communication’ headset to a headset that embraces the new communication rules of the web.
Without any further ado, the New Rules of Marketing and PR:
- Marketing is more than just advertising
- PR is for more than just mainstream media audience
- You are what you publish
- People want authenticity, not spin
- People want participation, not propaganda
- Instead of causing one-way interruption, marketing is about delivering content at just the precise moment your audience needs it
- Marketers must shift their thinking from mainstream marketing to the masses to a strategy of reaching vast numbers of underserved audiences via the Web
- PR is not about your boss seeing your company on TV. It’s about your buyers seeing your company on the Web
- Marketing is not about your agency winning awards. It’s about your organisation winning business
- The Internet has made the public relations public again, after years of almost exclusive focus on media
- Companies must drive people into the purchasing process with great online content
- On the Web, the lines between marketing and PR have blurred.